Energy conservation is one of the most important issues of our time. If we are to leave our children and grandchildren a world worth living in we all have to do our share. Home insulation is one of the most important ways we can contribute to a brighter future but it’s more than that as well. It’s also a way we can create a more prosperous and healthy present because insulating your Toronto house will save bundles of money over time while also eliminating a host of health issues that tend to plague uninsulated homes. If you’ve decided it’s time to start saving money and feeling better the experts at Spray City Insulation are ready to provide you the leading edge spray foam insulating solutions you need.
Why Residential Spray Foam Insulation is Right for You
Nowhere do you have a better opportunity to contribute to a cleaner, better future for everyone than at home. By insulating your house you’ll drastically reduce your home’s carbon footprint while also enjoying a host of other benefits. The process begins with choosing the best available form of insulation to install in your home. Most homeowners assume that means fiberglass but in reality fiberglass – while certainly better than nothing – actually can’t hold a candle to spray foam insulation.
Spray Foam Insulation: Advantages
Spray foam insulation has been used in residential settings in the GTA for more than 40 years and over the years has proven itself to be the superior insulating material time and again. Still, because the only type of insulation you’ll see at the home improvement centre is fiberglass most people aren’t aware of spray foam insulation or the many advantages it has over fiberglass. Those advantages include:
- Extraordinary energy savings – Fiberglass insulation is better than nothing as we said but why settle for that when you can achieve superior energy savings with spray foam? Because spray foam insulation expands as it’s introduced to your walls and ceiling it’s able to fill every tiny crack and crevice, effectively sealing your home up tight and producing maximum savings.
- Extraordinary insulation – Fiberglass batts always leave a bit of space around the edges where heat can leak out and drafts, cold air and moisture can leak in. Spray foam insulation completely eliminates these leak points meaning your Toronto home is not only warmer, it’s also drier and less drafty than before.
- An effective moisture barrier – Cold isn’t the only enemy of a comfortable environment. Moisture also has a negative effect on the quality of life you experience in your home. Dampness provides a breeding ground for mold and mildew, has a corrosive effect on wood and upholstery and can shorten the life of wallpaper and house paint. Residential spray foam insulation provides the most effective barrier of any insulation product against moisture.
- A healthier house – The mold and mildew we referred to above is no trivial issue. Several species of mold can actually be fatal to human beings and their growth is promoted and sustained by excessive moisture in the house. In addition, if you have ever noticed a musty, dank odour in your home that is a byproduct of mold. Residential spray foam insulation will help eliminate the moisture mold and other bacteria need to live.
- Long term viability – Fiberglass insulation will lose much of its insulating ability if it absorbs moisture. And because fiberglass won’t provide an effective moisture barrier the odds are good that it will absorb much of the moisture it allows into the walls. By contrast residential spray foam insulation shuts out the moisture and even if your exterior wall is damaged cured spray foam insulation will not absorb any moisture that may get through.
- Environmental friendliness – Spray foam insulation hits all the right environmental notes. It allows you to significantly reduce the amount of energy you burn through to heat your home. It helps your HVAC system work more efficiently so that it consumes less electricity and lasts longer and it makes it easier to air condition your home during the dog days of summer. And if the need ever arises to remove the spray foam it can either be repurposed, recycled or donated to charitable organizations like “Habitat for Humanity” who will put it to good use.
Contact Spray City Insulation Today
Spray City Insulation provides premium insulation services to homeowners in Toronto and throughout the GTA. Our fully licensed, experienced spray foam installers are the best in the business. We’re fully insured and utilize state-of-the-art equipment and leading edge techniques to ensure every last crack and crevice in your home is sealed up tight so you can enjoy all the benefits that come with this incredible insulation material. Give us a call, talk to one of our experts and receive a same day quotation for residential spray foam insulation.