The basement of your Toronto home presents unique challenges that need to be addressed. If your home is sitting on top of a perpetually cold, damp basement it will cost more to heat the house, the house will be more susceptible to moisture related structural problems and the health of everyone in the house could be negatively affected by the presence of mold and mildew. The most effective way to address these issues is to insulate the basement. But not just any old fiberglass insulation will do. What you really need is high quality spray foam basement insulation installed by the pros from Spray City Insulation.
Basement Insulation from Spray City: The Smart Choice
Spray foam insulation is widely accepted today as the most effective type of insulation available for home or business. It provides the most complete coverage possible, effectively sealing spaces against heat loss as well as:
- Creating effective moisture barriers wherever you install it.
- Eliminating drafts fiberglass insulation can’t.
- Reducing the strain on your furnace.
In Toronto and throughout the GTA winters can be endless, brutal affairs. They not only produce incredibly cold temperatures and biting, penetrating winds but also extreme humidity during times of peak snow melt. In many ways your basement bears the brunt of this assault. As a result it’s typically the coldest, dampest part of the house. Trying to keep the upper floors of the house warm and dry when they’re sitting atop a dank, cold basement is like trying to bake something with the oven door open. If you’re to make your home as energy efficient and healthy as it can be you need the type of comprehensive basement insulation that can only be provided by spray foam.
The Many Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation is the best choice for insulating your Toronto home or business and that goes for underground areas like the basement as well. When expertly installed by the fully licensed, experienced spray foam installers from Spray City, it provides your house with the type of air sealed, moisture resistant basement that forms the foundation of a truly energy efficient home. The benefits will be felt immediately:
- Drafts will be dramatically reduced throughout the house.
- You’ll notice a significant reduction in your heating bills.
- That funky, musty odour that used to emanate from your basement will be gone.
But that’s not all:
- Your furnace will run smoother and more efficiently.
- You’ll notice your home is a drier place.
- Allergies that used to bother some will likely begin to dissipate.
Spray foam basement insulation as installed by the experts at Spray City will seal up every nook and cranny, every hole, every crack and misfitting joint in your basement and turn it almost overnight from the unhealthy energy drain it was into a comfortable dry place that’s safe to store things in and no longer plays host to mice and other invaders from the yard.
Question about Basement Insulation? Call us today @ 437-912-9000
The Importance of the Vapor Barrier: Particularly in the Basement
On several occasions above we mentioned the ability of foam insulation to provide an effective barrier against moisture. You may be wondering why that’s so important. Here are 2 very good reasons:
- A drier home is a healthier home – A damp basement is a breeding ground for mold and other fungi and bacteria. That funky, musty smell we mentioned above is a clear indication that there are fungi growing in your basement. Many forms of mold are potentially deadly to humans and can at the very least cause allergies whose origins are often baffling. The effective moisture barrier created by spray foam basement insulation will eliminate mold and return your basement and your home to a healthy condition.
- A drier home is a stronger home – Incessant moisture from the basement working its way into the floors and walls above will have a negative effect on the structural integrity of your home and by extension its value, both in the short and long term. Most homes are framed using wood and that wood will in time warp, crack and bend when constantly exposed to high levels of moisture. It’s just the nature of wood. By providing an effective moisture barrier with spray foam insulation you prolong the life and health of your home’s internal structure.
Spray City Insulation: Your Spray Foam Experts in the GTA
At Spray City Insulation we provide our fully insured services to Residential and Commercial owners across the entire GTA. We use state-of-the-art equipment and procedures to deliver the highest quality spray foam insulation available to every last crevice in your basement. When we’re finished you’ll feel like you moved into a new house and you’ll begin seeing savings on your energy bills right away. Give us a call to receive a same day quotation and get started on the process of turning your damp, dank Toronto basement into a model foundation for your home.